Sulfate Free Shampoo for Curly Hair is gaining popularity today.
Most people with curly hair are more prone to dry hair that any other hair types.
Hence, their hair needs beauty care aids to help lock in the moisture to keep it supple and frizz-free.
If your hair is curly and dry, you need a different regimen than those with normal hair types.
You need to shampoo your hair less often, since frequent shampooing tends to dry your hair more, and; you should use more moisturizers that the Jones next door who tends to have straight and oily types of hair.
There are a number of users who used shampoo with sulfate, and found out that this causes falling hair.
Aside from keeping curly hair brittle, the use of sulfate in shampoo have correlated health issues that ties it with certain health problems.
Among those known are: inhalation may cause respiratory track infection; ingestion can lead to stomach cramps and vomiting, and; constant use can lead to skin infection and ulcers.
The most prevalent scare factor regarding sulfide use, is that it may be carcinogenic.
Hence, the health issues plus the special regimen needed for dry curly hair makes it imperative for these type of users to avoid sulfate in cosmetic products, especially shampoo.What are the different commercial sulfate-free shampoo for curly hair in the market today?
There are many that can be found in beauty stores, cosmetic shops and online stores.
Among the ten more popular ones are as follows:
1. Matrix Biolage Hydrating Shampoo – one of the most renowned shampoo for curly hair due to its hydrating effects on very dry hair. The ingredients are aloe vera and passion fruit. These product is especially formulated for very dry hair types.
2. Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner – another fast selling brand in the market today due to its hydrating effects on dry hair. It gives off a musky fresh smell and leaves the hair shining and silky soft.
3. Kerastase (Bain Oleo Curl and Bain Nutri-Thermique) – the first, is a light supple shampoo that has deep hydrating ingredients formulated for curly hair. It cleanses the hair and conditions it for a soft and sleek look. The latter, is a heat-reactive shampoo that is formulated for very dry and sensitized hair.
4. Loreal Ever Sleek Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner – one of the great smelling shampoo in the market that are on the lower price range. It minimizes freeze on curly hair and moisturizes without weighing the hair down.
5. Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo – unlike other sulfate-free shampoo, this product gives a good lather when used. It has a musky-lemon scent that moisturizes the hair to make it shiny and frizz-free.
6. Bumble and Bumble Bb. Curl Conscious Smoothing Shampoo – is given top honors by various ad agencies for being curl friendly. Contains glycerine and panthenol to help keep moisture in.
7. TIGI Catwalk Curlesque Curl Collection Defining Shampoo – a salon brand that boast of ingredients that includes sea weed and fennel with cucumber water for hydration.
8. Herbal Essenses Hydralicious Reconditioning Shampoo – inexpensive and commonly used: it is known to hydrate dry and damaged curls.
9. Enjoy Sulfate Free Hydrating Shampoo – a mid-price range product that guarantees to take out the frizz, detangles the hair and moisturize at the same time. The product also lathers better than other sulfate free shampoos. It is marketed as being good for color treated hair.
10. Coconut Kreme Moisturizing Shampoo – contains all organic ingredients like oils from peppermint, tea tree, lavender, citronella, almond, aloe vera among many others. This product is good for very curly and dry hair. It works wonders by keeping it smelling fresh and frizz free.There is a homemade version on how to wash curly hair without using a shampoo. Since most commercial brands of shampoo contains ingredients that can damage dry, curly hair, using alternative cleaning agents like apple cider vinegars and baking soda can do wonders in cleaning your hair without harming it.
The following are guides on how you can create your own sulfide free shampoo and conditioner, to wit:
1. You will need 1 tbsp of baking soda and mix it with one cup of lukewarm water. Mix it using an empty plastic bottle and shake it till it becomes clear. You can start using this mixture as shampoo the next time you wash your hair.
2. For rinsing, you will need 1 – 2 tbps of apple cider vinegar (ACV) and mix it with one cup of lukewarm water. Pour it into any plastic or glass container and shake it thoroughly before use. As rinser, this mixture gives sheen to the hair and helps keep the tangles away.
Using homemade shampoo and conditioner is awfully cheap. It makes you look great and healthy too! It can also save you a lot of money for other things like clothes, to go with your new shiny locks!